Saturday, June 18, 2011

How to #5: Nike Plus iPod for Workout

What is experienced: I was very happy while I got my iPhone 4 because I noted that it contains the Nike + iPod application, which may greatly enhance my outdoor exercise. It even excited more after hearing some blog says that no sensor is needed for iPhone with 3G. However, while I tried to use the function, it always ask me "walk around to activate the sensor."  Although the voice is beautiful and encouraging, I could never be able to activate the sensor (I assume that a sensor may have already been built in) by running for several miles, jumping (worry if my running is too weak to activate the sensor).  With much dismay, I decided to give up, but just could not...

What happened and what can be done: What happened is that no sensor was built in iPhone 4, even though the Nike + iPod application is so appealing (I really hope that this be clearly indicated). If you want to use it, there are two options: (1) Buy a sensor from Nike; and (2) download and install a Nike + GPS app ($1.99).  Option 1 works perfect no matter you do exercise indoor or outdoor, and option 2 works well only outdoor because it needs to receive the signal from the satellite, which often works outside of a building.

No comments:

Post a Comment